Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April 12, 2016 -- VAC at home

I was released from the hospital yesterday with my personal VAC.  You can see below it is not very big or heavy, but it is a pain in butt being tethered to this device. Better than being stuck in the hospital tho. The biggest issue with the device so far is at night when it is quiet.  You can hear the sucking/gargling sounds of the machine pulling on your wound from the inside of your head, no escape.  I suggest having something playing in the background as you try to sleep or you will go crazy.  TV and podcasts seem to help.
My bag buddy for the next few weeks

I will go in twice a week to have the VAC cleaned and sponge changed. After 2 weeks we should know how the healing is going and how big a skin graft I will need for the wound to heal properly. The graft will most likely come from my thigh. 
Wound after debidement







No comments:

Post a Comment