Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April 5 -- Monitor

I was released from the hospital over the weekend, making 4 surgeries and 17 days spent in the hospital in March. Today is one week after the procedure to have the implant removed. I have two main concerns at this point; if the infection is retreating and the health of the skin flap. We are keeping a watchful eye on any changes on the scalp. Daily photos or photos of anything unusual are really helpful in keeping track.  You will do a lot of second guessing when monitoring your wounds.

Photo of weeping sent to doc

Today's daily portrait also sent to doc

Another thing that has certainly been helpful is the ability to text these pics to the medical team if you have concerns. It is important ask someone in the know if you can communicate with them between appointments. In my case it is the PA who has been very involved in my treatment. It is really helpful to get a quick informed opinion instead of Googling all the bad things it could be.  Yesterday I also became very dizzy on several occasions so I also brought that to her attention as well.
The infection is not so easy to track, I have just been taking my temp and noting any unusual behavior- dizziness, oozing, fever, mental function (lots of jokes in that in know). 
Today we went for a walk for a few blocks and it really wore me out like I had just completed the latest Richard Simmons VHS.  Just a reminder of the work that is ahead to get physically back to normal. Expect to be beat down for awhile but don't stay down.

The Dent

No comments:

Post a Comment